Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First Blog-iversary

One year ago, with my tiny month-old baby boy on my chest, I signed up for blogger and wrote my first post. Pretty soon, I will be up to 100 published posts!

So far, blogging has provided me with a lot of great opportunities to learn and grow and share what I learn with others. I am still figuring out how to balance blogging with the rest of my life. One thing that seems to help is scheduling posts in advance so that I'm not putting pressure on myself to finish a post within a certain amount of time so that my blog doesn't sit stagnant for too long. AI like to schedule them five days apart. You may have noticed that sometimes this causes me to publish a post quite a while after I read the thing that inspired it (this is the case with both my Brewer Diet post, for which I was really surprised at the response--it is now my 4th most viewed post ever, and my last post on Doulas and Cesareans). So, if I'm really behind in the online discussion, sorry. This is what is working for me right now!

Stay tuned for more interesting and exciting posts!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-iversary!

    I've been struggling with balance, too. Some of your posts in December and early this year helped me along in this process I think. I figure you have to do what works for you (and your family) otherwise you'll never continue blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! I've been enjoying your blog for quite a long time now--at least 6 months I think. Looking forward to many more wonderful posts from you!

    ReplyDelete